Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Become an Olympian in Your Field: A Trio of Topics to Improve Your Business
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Friday, November 2, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
Workshop 1: A “Sure Fire” Way to Ensure Schedule Performance
Learn methodology to reduce the time required for a selected process without reducing quality. Workshop topics include:
- “I will give you anything but more time:” What Every Project Manager Faces
- The Schedule Squeeze
- “Parkinson’s Law”
- Improving schedule performance
- The Key: Process Mapping (PM)
- Using Process Mapping to maintain or reduce scheduled tasks
- Implementing improvements
- Identifying processes to map and improve
- Assessing risks and business community planning
Workshop 2: The Importance of Culture when Managing International Activity
Understanding the culture of a country or region in which you conduct business is critical for success. In this workshop you will learn:
- Globalization and the changing role of the professional
- The importance of cultural understanding for project success
- Proper application of culture in business exchanges
- Highlights of various cultures—Chinese, Latin American, Northern and Southern European, Indian, Filipino, etc.
Workshop 3: Electro Static Discharge (ESD)—The Hidden Enemy
Every year millions of dollars are lost due to ESD. Save your time, connections, data, equipment, and customer satisfaction by maintaining strong ESD controls. Implement an effective ESD program compliant with ANSI/EDS S20.20 9. The following topics will be covered in detail:
- Personnel safety
- Compliance verification
- Grounding/Equipotential Bonding Systems
- Personnel grounding
- Packaging systems
- Control Program Plan
- Training plan
When & Where
The DESARA Group
The DESARA Group is a leading technology consulting firm that specializes in delivering solutions to your business challenges in today’s highly technical environment. We are focused on improving your business. Our diverse team of professionals is driven to understand the needs of our clients, offering consulting services geared towards achieving competitiveness, certifications, and compliance to international standards and regulations. We help you
- save money
- increase revenue, and
- consistently meet customer expectations.
We work across all levels of your organization to establish, implement and maintain management systems according to recognized standards and best practices from many industries. Leveraging the diverse skills of our experienced team of professionals, we create and implement customized improvement plans based on ISO 9001, TL 9000, ISO 27001, AS 9100, and elements of CMMI, Six Sigma, Lean and Baldrige as appropriate to meet your business objectives.